Tour June 16, 2016 at 1:00 pm at Koppers
- Located at: 465 West 56th Avenue Denver, Colorado 80216
- RSVP by June 13, 2016 to JB Reyes - There is a 30 person limit to this tour, so please RSVP early to guarantee your spot!
- REQUIRED personal protective equipment: steel toes shoes, hard hats, vests, and safety glasses.
- Koppers is a world leader in the manufacturing of pressure-treated wood products used primarily for the railroad and electric/communications industries. Treated wood makes structures more durable and resistant to decay, thereby increasing safety, reducing replacement costs, and preserving valuable forests.
The Koppers Denver plant was built in 1923 and is permitted as a Timber Products Processing Point Source. Koppers has been a permitted discharger to the Metro District since 1986. Prior to discharge, wastewater is treated via oil/water separation, Fenton’s reagent oxidation (FROP), settling, and pH adjustment. Koppers is also subject to the requirements of the Combined Wastestream Formula.
Did you remember to renew your membership for 2016?
Dental Amalgam Rule
Who We Are
The Colorado Industrial Pretreatment Coordinators Association (CIPCA) is an organization expressly for individuals who have a professional relationship within the Industrial Pretreatment profession. It acts as a forum which:
- Enables exchange of technical information regarding pretreatment regulations
- Serves as a voice for its members when representation at regulatory hearings or other meetings is necessary or desired
- Educates pretreatment members
- Aids development and progress of industrial pretreatment regulatory agencies at a local level
Executive Committee 2016
Chair: JB Reyes
Co-Chair: Eddie Trevino
Treasurer: Charity Larson
Secretary: Scott Caldwell
Issues Editor: Gwen Lawrence
Education/Training: TR Berger
Newsletter Editor: Hunter Greeno
For a current list of members, please contact us.